5/19/08

J'aime le Magnet

For Louie, performing at the Magnet is second nature; for me, it's something I have heart palpatations about. Since I am a visitor here (though the lovely Alex Marino welcomes me with open arms), I'm always worried about making a good impression. By extension, I'm also worried about propping Mr. Pearlman up, because it's his theatre and I don't want to make him look bad.

So, for the first five minutes of our inaugural tour performance last night at Ampers&nd, I was scared (that Louie's voice was zapped from Coney Island roller coasters and repeated warm ups didn't help). But then I remembered that I love Louie, and he loves me, and we'd be alright. And voila: We were! It was fifteen minutes of bliss. Laughter and kisses. Scratchy voices and sandwich metaphors! Romance and cuteness. We've cornered the market on such. So watch out, other cute things and sandwiches!

Every show we do is something I cherish, like a little gem or a tiny show-baby. I'm dropping show-babies all over this continent. Adopt, dammit.

No comments: