5/28/08

the t dot

I haven't been in Toronto since I was 14. I'm really enjoying my time here, and the 1/8th of the city I've seen so far. I hope to see more before I leave. It's a really nice, clean, hip Canadian city. And the CN Tower looks like it's from space. Which is hilarious.

The ProjectPROJECT Combustion festival is blazing along. I did my first improv scene in Toronto ever yesterday as part of the "blind date" portion of the show with this nice guy from Winnipeg. Everyone here is super lovely and there seems to be a really healthy improv scene here, which warms my heart.

Also, the Comedy Bar is great. I'm so happy to be part of the first few shows at this theater. It's not finished yet and reminds me a lot of what it was like at The Magnet at the very beginning, performing in a theater that wasn't totally done. There's so much potential energy stored up in places like Comedy Bar before they're done and that's a great atmosphere to perform in.

It's so great to be back in Canada watching Canadian improv. I got to watch AKA last night. They are so mind-blowingly inspiring. Such tight, good improv with a very unique artistic perspective. When I grow up, I want to be just like them. BnB are playing with AKA tonight for our second Toronto show. What a great lineup. And what a great reward for me to get to watch them again after Kaitlin and I hopefully have a good set.

Wednesday's show was pretty hugely fun. I was playing my interpretation of a pretty well known Canadian song writer who I happen to enjoy, and Kaitlin was a much younger girl friend. While trying to write another hit song in our failing coffee house, everything kind of collapsed around us. The third character in the scene was the unseen but felt presence of David Geffen looming over everything. I had a super good amount of fun with it.

OK, on to some informational business:
Calgarians! You can pre-reserve tickets for our June 5th show at:

tickets@kinkonauts.com


Just e-mail them with your name and the amount of tickets you want and they will be reserved for you at the Box office.

Also - here's a cool article about the combustion fest that features a HUGE photo of us and no text info about us at all. Weird.

Finally, some nice pics from Toronto so far. Shows and just hanging out with comedians:

This is our first meal in Toronto, at an awesome sushi place on Bloor St. near the comedy bar. We're here with Renee and Alistair, who we're on tour with as !nstant Theater, Amber, from Atlanta who is here with Renee as The Doug Dank project and with Kayla and Aaron from AKA improv.






Here I am in front of Toronto's Second City. I've never been to a Second City before so I totally geeked out. This was taken on Wedensday by Aaron from AKA. We walked around the city the whole day and talked about life and art. It was totally fun.








Here are some adorable pics from our Wednesday show. I always love it when we make out in our BnB shows.






































No comments: