6/4/08

from Regina to Winnipeg.

Hey - just a quick entry before we hit the road. We are going to Calgary today from Winnipeg. Going to try to do it in one day, might have to do it in two because it's apparently a very long drive.

Sorry there are no pictures this time around - we've got a lot of awesome behind the scenes ones from Regina and Winnipeg. I promise.

Kaitlin and I had an amazing chat in Regina about how we are never the same improvisers from day to day. How it's OK to follow your instinct and do scenes that might seem like they have repeat content, because as long as your improvising, there is no way the scene will ever repeat itself. After having that chat, we have had two killer shows. One in a theater in front of 240 people and one in a bar in front of considerably less. Both venues made us feel like rockstars in different ways.

The content of both shows I was very proud of. In one Kaitlin and I were kids forming a beginning friendship. In the other Kaitlin was my mom and I was her son. We had a pretty sad mother and son relationship in that one which felt very real to me. Both shows rocked it a lot. I think we're really beginning to find our stride on the tour now, which is very cool.

I hope to come back to Regina and Winnipeg soon. Nice places, good people. Probably not in the winter though. These towns seem to be ideal summer destinations. I get enough shitty weather in NYC as it is.

2 comments:

shumbelina said...

I loved how real the relationship in the winnipeg show felt. It was real honest improv and for that reason hard and beautiful work and that is why I liked the show show much

Janet (Photos soon)

Louie said...

Thank you Janet! What's cool about the show is that when the relationship between us is as strong as it was in the Winnipeg show, the rest of the show feels pretty effortless!